Friday, April 6, 2012

Welcome

Thanks for visiting the new Shoreline Scoop blog from the New Haven Register! I'm Cecelia Martinez, the new Madison and Guilford reporter here, and I'll be using this blog to bring you additional coverage of these shoreline towns. Here are some examples of what you can expect from this blog:

- Details from public meetings that may not have made it in the newspaper
- Advanced notice of meetings you may want to attend
- Information about upcoming community events and fundraisers
- Recognition for students and others who achieve academically and are making a difference in their community
- Photos taken around Madison and Guilford (feel free to submit your own to cmartinez@nhregister.com)
- Information about events, specials and sales going on at area businesses
- Guest posts from Madison and Guilford residents

A little about myself: I recently moved to the New Haven area from Upstate New York where I worked as a reporter at the Troy Record. I have also worked at Metroland in Albany, N.Y. and was editor of my college newspaper. I now live with my family in North Haven, and am excited to get to know everyone in the shoreline area and dig into the many exciting stories happening in Madison and Guilford.

If you have any ideas for this blog, please comment or drop me a line at cmartinez@nhregister.com. I'm also looking for anyone interested in writing guest posts on any topic related to the shoreline -- great fishing spots, your favorite restaurant, a new program at a local school, etc. Also, I'll be posting photos to this blog while I'm out reporting, and encourage you to send in any pictures you take. Spring is here, why not submit some pictures of the beautiful blooms downtown? Help me make this blog a part of your own community.

You can find the Shoreline Scoop on Facebook at facebook.com/registershorelinescoop, and friend me personally at facebook.com/cmartinezregister. I'm also on Twitter @dcecelia at can be contacted at 203-789-5734.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home